Latest

POINT BLANK-2: PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ

Pic: ROH

Before moving into "Point Blank" Interview session with Punishment Martinez, we thank you for your great support you showed on our first "Point Blank" session with Tyson Dux here. We also thank Marc Kruskol, MJK Public Relations. As you noted "Point Blank" is different from other interview modules online where we have a strong point oriented descriptive question and short but effective answers. Lets move on to the 2nd edition of "Point Blank" here on WRESTLING PREDICTOR.

13 years in the wrestling industry, starting of with the training from Monster Factory. You debut first under the ring of Monster Factory Pro Wrestling. How will you describe your initial days, if I ask you to recall them back?

My initial days were rough.  There was just so much more than I imagined. But it was exciting at the same time because I was doing what I loved.

You  learned Japanese Goju Ryu karate from your father, a skilled martial artist who once defeated Chuck Norris in a competition. After winning two national championships in full-contact martial arts, Martinez decided to embark on a career in pro wrestling. What indeed became the pointer towards professional wrestling?

 Like most in the business, I was a fan since I can remember. A friend of mine asked me to go with him to The Monster Factory.  Tried out, and paid the tuition. The rest is history.

You in 2014 entered in the Ring of Honor training camp and later trained at the ROH dojo. What is your biggest gain from there?

Confidence and  positivity.

Your  first appearance at Ring of Honor was on 2015 by his real name Luis Martinez. When we look back can you explain how was those days?

 I actually appeared as Punisher Martinez. Those days were amazing. Nothing can compare to the feeling you get from achieving a goal that you worked hard for.

Punishment Martinez appeared at the ROH Top Prospect Tournament for the first time. You were at semi-finals too. This was really a turning point, right?

Absolutely! It's why I work for ROH now. I was given an opportunity and I earned a full time contract so it definitely was a turning point for me.

You aligned with BJ Whitmer and Kevin Sullivan later. Of course you have comments working with them.

 I was able to learn so much from them. The knowledge Sullivan has is endless and BJ is one of the smartest guys in the business so I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to be around them.

Honor Rumble 2016, Survival of the fittest 2016 are those which I cannot miss when interviewing you:

Those are two special events that I will always remember.  I got to work at the Hammerstein ballroom which is humbling and survival of the fittest was my first  ROH main event.

Your days at NJPW would really grabbed you some different expriences.

Yeah there's nothing like it. Highlight of my career for sure. Working with guys that don't really speak the language was definitely  different but a great experience.

Damian Martinez phase of your career can be described as?

The most successful, fun and challenging time of my career.

Where could you see yourself in next 10 years?

Hopefully still enjoying what I love doing.

If you are to choose best wrestling promotion which you had worked for which will be your answer and why did you said so?

Outside  ROH it would be The MFPW at the monster factory. It's somewhere you don't just wrestle, you learn every time you're there and the goal is to create memories for the fans.

Can you point out one person whom you think helped you the most?

It's hard to point out just one person.  I've been lucky to surround myself with good people. Everyone around me basically has helped me in some way.

Your championship reigns are one which should be mentioned out. Which was the one you consider the best?

All my reigns as  The MFPW heavyweight champion.

Is there a match you dreamed but couldn't get to it?

A match with The Undertaker.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.